Jawn Henry

Thu Jul 25 10:59:40 EDT 2019

Don’t agree that the generator on JH gave no problems.  Actually, it was plagued with flashovers.  Remember, they were getting 4500 HP from a DC generator that would fit inside a locomotive carbody.  In the diesel era, I don’t believe that anybody tried to get more than 3000 HP out of a DC generator; they went to alternators  - EMD with the GP and SD 40s.

Ed King