Roundhouses in Roanoke

Thu Sep 26 10:48:51 EDT 2019

In regard to the recent discussion, apparently there was no permission requirement to visit the Virginian roundhouse. During the late 1940's and early 1950's my father and I would simply walk into the Virginian roundhouse on a Saturday afternoon to see what was there. Nobody questioned us. This was also true at the Princeton shops, although on most Saturdays there was nobody working. However, on one Saturday they were firing up a BA which had just been shopped, and we freely walked around it and I took pictures. Nobody asked what we were doing there. It was a simpler time.
Jim Nichols