Question for Messrs. King and Hamilton - V.L. Minnick

Sun Sep 29 09:18:28 EDT 2019

I have no knowledge of V. L. Minnick slthough the name is familiar.

When I got to Shaffers in 1959 Mr. Francis was MM.

- EK

Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019 11:30 AM
To: N&W Mailing List
Subject: Question for Messrs. King and Hamilton - V.L. Minnick

A trip through an old N&W Magazine yesterday brought to memory Mr. V. L. Minnick, who was for decades-on-end Master Mechanic (I think) at Shaffers Crossing.  For a man whom we never saw, his name was certainly ubiquitous.  It was shown on on kinds of shipping and waybilling, and carloads of material were waybilled to "V.L. Minnick, Shaffers Crossing."  One could not walk around the Shop Track or the Round House without seeing his name stenciled on something.

It occurs to me that Mr. Hamilton and Mr. King would have known him, so can one of you please provide some details?  What was his first name, where was his office at Shaffers Crossing, and what was his work history?

      -- abram burnett

brakezman lost in the dark

                  Sent to You from my Telegraph Key
Successor to the MAGNETIC TELEGRAPH LINE of 1844