RH foremen, etal

Thu Oct 3 15:31:03 EDT 2019

For the record, below are some of the Motive Power supervisors
> (including Charlie Wilkerson) and clerks at Shaffers Crossing that I
> knew following my September 1958 return from military service.? My
> feeble memory could not have produced this list, particularly titles,
> without help from the NWHS program (still under development) that let
> me search for names through a database covering some 58 years of the
> N&W Magazine.
>
> M. R. ?Buck? Francis, Master Mechanic
>
> C. M. Pettrey, Asst. Master Mechanic
>
> V. L. Minnick, General Foreman (office adjacent to Master Mechanic's
> office)
>
> Henry Cornick, Chief Clerk, Master Mechanic's Office

Gordon (and all others so inclined):

The names and lists of these persons and who knows how many others are
fascinating and Gordon, you have suggested you have some memories and
stories of at least some of them and your interactions.

Those are treasures worth preserving for us envious peons who never had the
luck or happenstance to have been in those places and known these people.
You need to put things down in print, for those little nuggets from your
personal memory archives are a treasure seldom truly encountered.

Bob Cohen

Ham? Feather, Clerk, Master Mechanic's Office

> C. A. ?Preacher? Hensley, Car Foreman
>
> Unlike the Shop Track (freight car repairs) the roundhouse operated
> around the clock and had a roundhouse foreman on each shift.? Some of
> those personnel are:
>
> George R. Brogan, Roundhouse Foreman
> R. J. Barry, Roundhouse Foreman, retired and replaced by:
> C. S. ?Charlie" Wilkerson, Roundhouse Foreman; later Master
Mechanic-Locomotive-Roanoke Territory