A question about early refrigerator cars

Sat Oct 5 13:03:47 EDT 2019

Brent,

N&W had some early refrigerator cars, Class A-25 (I could never figure out
this class designation since at the time N&W was using just alpha for Class
designations); see
https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/listdocs/select.php?index=rs&id=3066

Here are links to photos at VA Tech Image:

https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/image_viewer.php?q=ns2756
https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/image_viewer.php?q=ns2757

These cars did go to FGEX per Bill Welsh; at the convention last May in
Roanoke I copied some documents from the archives and sent them to Bill for
the FGEX book he is working on.

IIRC these cars were built new for N&W; I have no clue what they were used
for; maybe so others here might be able to shed some light. Hope this helps.

Jim Brewer