At the top

Sat Oct 19 21:34:28 EDT 2019

Mike -

The two sidings were rarely used in later times.  If you’re exploring in the area, look for signs of a turntable (probably a sixty-footer) on the east side at the north end.  Evidently in early days there were pushers that needed to be turned there.  Sixty years ago there was the carcass of a two or three story building east of the tracks which I was told was once a hotel.

Evidently in the early days White Top was indeed a busy location; it probably handled a lot of logging and lumber traffic.

Thanks again!

- Ed King