Virginian Ry Yellow Paint for D-Engines

Wed Oct 23 20:51:01 EDT 2019

 The EL2B's were not the rectifiers. You are thinking of the ELC's. The scheme on the EL2B's predates the Diesels, and it is not "yellow" and black, but imitation gold and black.The ELC's came after the diesels, and had road switcher bodies, so we wondered which paint scheme they would follow.  I figure they painted them in a variation of the scheme on the EL2B's because they were both "electrics."
Jim Nichols