N&W Alco C420 415 at Roanoke during August of 1972

Sun Oct 27 10:55:41 EDT 2019

I was fortunate enough to have been born in 1951 (in Bluefield) .  We lived
in Giles County, VA where my dad was in management at the Glen Lyn power
plant.  Dad was an excellent model railroader and we spent lots of time
watching N&W steam and Virginian electrics as well as the transition to
diesel power.  It was a fascinating time to watch the N&W and Virginian.
But the era I liked most and what I model (1962-1982) was the most
interesting to me....especially the late 60's to mid 70's.  This shot I
took in Bluefield in 1973 well represents what I liked best and now model.
2 RS11's, an SD45, and a GP40 in Bluefield, WV shot from the Mercer St
bridge.

Ed Painter - Member #70, - from Narrows, VA living in Cohutta, GA