Bluefield 1973

Mon Oct 28 11:38:33 EDT 2019

That’s a nice photo, Ed. I model 1939, but I also find the late-sixties four-axle period interesting.

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Sent from my mobile

I was fortunate enough to have been born in 1951 (in Bluefield) .  We lived in Giles County, VA where my dad was in management at the Glen Lyn power plant.  Dad was an excellent model railroader and loved watching trains so we spent lots of time watching N&W steam and Virginian electrics as well as the transition to diesel power.  It was a truly fascinating time to watch the N&W and Virginian.  With that said the N&W era I like most and what I model is 1962 to 1982, ...especially the late 60's to mid 70's.  I took this shot  in Bluefield during 1973.  It well represents what I liked best of the N&W and now model in HO.  2 RS11's, an SD45, and a GP40 in Bluefield, WV shot from the Mercer St bridge.

Ed Painter - Member #70 - from Narrows, VA living in Cohutta, GA

<NW 387 RS11 Bluefield WV 8-10-73 #2xx.jpg>