Bluefield 1973

Mon Nov 18 07:42:40 EST 2019

I've blown up the pic and looked a several times...........with the angle
and distance of the shot to that specific locomotive I can pick out 4 large
fan housings on the roof......I'll take your all's word for it being a SD35
but I can't see the smaller fan that would be located between the 2 large
fans to the long hood end.  Did you note the difference in the fan housings
(tapered tops) versus the norm as can be seen on the SD45?

Here's another interesting shot I took when I lived in NE Ohio at my
favorite place to shoot N&W roster/locomotive shots, Brewster, OH.  Sort of
interesting catching a set of 3 (2 RS36's and 1 RS11) units together like
this  Between all the dirt, repainting, and washing solutions its hard to
tell if the units are all blue or maybe 330 is black?  Anyway during this
period N&W units all suffered this issue of paint and lack of cleanliness.
(I have 3 of Rapido's Pevler Blue RS11's on pre-order).  Love these
locomotives and its fantastic thanks to Rapido that we finally have an
accurate model of an N&W RS11 in HO.  Hope they'll do additional runs in
Black with Script and half moon heralds!

Note: that N&W only had 6 (407-412) 400 series RS36's on the roster.  There
were additional RS36's by way of the NKP in the 2800 series (2865-2873 were
low hood and 2874 and 2875 that were high hood and the only 2 RS36's built
that had steam generators installed.

Ed Painter - member #70 from Narrows, VA living in Cohutta, GA