Shipper Identification Numbers

Sun Dec 1 10:27:24 EST 2019

Today at my railroad the local crews use a 'hammer head' or in other
words a Panasonic Toughbook computer, where they report their work 'on
the fly'.

On a different note here at the big orange pumpkin all TY&E employees
are issued a 'Rules' iPad which has a 'Living' Rule book, 'Living'
Timetable etc. By living it means anytime there is a General Order
issued with a rules change or a modification to the timetable. Those
updates are placed in the digital rule book and it is 'pushed' to the
iPad. Gone are the days of having to carry the 'bible' at work to refer
to for rules etc. It is all now digital and all kept on a company iPad.
I love it as it lightens my load in my bag significantly. The materials
that used to be issued with track numbers, spots, etc for us to report
work is also now on the iPad. Lastly as a road crew if I set-out some
cars in the local yard, I can report it via the phone known as the VTR,
I can also report it on the iPad.

Hope this bit of info was handy for knowing how far the railroad has come,

73,

Nathan Simmons