CSX Derailment at Harper’s Ferry, WV!!

Sat Dec 21 13:44:00 EST 2019

Breaking news!
A CSX freight train derailed on the trestle at Harper’s Ferry, WV this morning. Thank the Lord that there were no injuries. The two CSX locomotives stayed on the track as they approached the historic Harper’s Ferry station. There is one hopper still coupled to the second loco. The hopper behind the first hopper is in the river. The Appalachian Trail walkway is destroyed on the station end of the bridge. Garland H. and Robert C. sent me links to this accident. Log on to nbcwashington.com to see the aerial views of the derailment. Those of you that have traveled with me in this area know that Harper’s Ferry is one of my favorite locations on earth! Thank goodness that no one was injured and that the historic B&O station is not damaged. Let’s pray that there are no injuries while crews remove the derailed train cars.
Merry Christmas and remember Safety First when trackside!
Norris

Norris Deyerle
Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners
Info: www.blueridgenrhs.org
744 Chinook Place
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908
Cell: 434-851-0151