Visit to 611 and Spencer

Tue Feb 25 09:27:19 EST 2020

Thank you Ken, that was by suspicion, but wanted to confirm.

Eric, the 611 is owned by the Virginia Museum of Transportation in Roanoke.
However, there is apparently a severe lack of track that they could run an
excursion on up there and I don't think the museum in Roanoke has access to
the shop facilities that are available in Spencer. I would guess that if
they ever get a better spot to display it (the indoor facility that they
are trying to raise money for) that 611 would move there permanently, but
that's just my uninformed guess.

Tom Fulton
Asheville, NC