Visit to 611 and Spencer

Wed Feb 26 10:09:04 EST 2020

-

>From my understanding, the J's did not have coal boards added to their tenders.
Will:The application of coal boards to the Class J tenders was temporary and nota solution to reducing costs accumulating at Cincinnati Terminal.  On severaloccasions, the eastbound movements depleted their supply of coal just priorto reaching the Prichard coaling facility.
This information was passed to me by former Virginia Governor Holton'sbrother, Van.  In the mid-50's,, Van was a Trainmaster on the Scioto Division.
And  no,  I don't have any photos showing the application of coal boards.                                                                  Harry Bundy