Switchtenders at Roanoke

Tue Mar 24 11:18:30 EDT 2020

This whole discussion about switchtenders and operations at Roanoke has been very helpful to me as I begin research on the Roanoke Terminal for my series "High Noon on the N&W" for  The Arrow."  What I really need is a brief description of what each first trick yard crew did back in the last days of steam (c. 1955).  Can anyone help?  Is Jeff Sanders still around?  I have some info from this mailing list written by him back in 2013.  And what about Abe?  Although you started work in 1964, most of the crews and their assignments may not have changed much since 1955.  I have the names of the crews, but not all of what they did.  Any help would be appreciated.  Anyone can contact me at springhouse19 at comcast.net mailto:springhouse19 at comcast.net . Thank you!
Glenn Fisher
Cornwall PA