AM&O

Mon Mar 30 11:54:16 EDT 2020

Roger - I somehow did not get the first post with the Word Doc, but the PDF
came through fine. Thanks for converting and reposting.

Jim, that is a fantastic bit of work you just posted. I can't wait to dig
in, but at a first glance I saw the material provides excellent coverage of
life in receivership for the AM&O. I somehow landed on the clip about
Mahone's trip to Europe, in which he tried sooth the bondholders' nerves in
1875. Little good it did him in the long-run, but the press seemed to give
him favorable coverage.

Thanks for providing this invaluable compilation!

Stephen Warren
Roanoke