WSS 2-8-2 Mikado

Wed Apr 8 15:42:33 EDT 2020

On 4/8/2020 1:02 PM, NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Where can I find images of the WSS Mikes shopped by the N&W? I’m
> curious how close of a family resemblance they had with the
> pre-streamlined K2s.
>
> Matt Goodman
> Columbus Ohio US

Howdy Matt

One of the many N&W books I have on the shelf has a nice clear photo of
one, but naturally I cannot find it right now.   I did find a photo of a
SAL 2-6-6-4 and C&NW 2-8-2  that the N&W shopped during the war.
Weird to see the loco with a C&NW logo with the N&W Shop sign in the
background.

Here is a scan of a photo in The Winston-Salem Southbound Railway book
from 1996 by Jeff Miller and Jim Vaughn.   Not a great pix, but I was
able to darken it a bit to show more detail that was in the original
photo.    There are a couple more photos in that book of the 2-8-2s, but
this is the best one.

My plan one of these days is to use a USRA 2-8-2 as a starting place for
an HO model of the WSS loco.  Should be fun.

Take care
Bill

--
==  Scale Model Railroad Products  ==
== Manufacturer - Retailer - Importer ==

Bill & Diane Wade

B.T.S.
1782 Trinity Rd
Belington, WV  26250-7621

Phone: 304-823-3729
FAX: 304-823-2901
http://www.btsrr.com

We wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas.