H Reid films

Tue Apr 28 01:47:54 EDT 2020

Ed,
Thanks for pointing these great films out to us. They are pretty neat and not just VGN and N&W but some super coverage of the Belt Line, VBR and others. I think H. Reid was a great photographer but he really either wasn't very good with movie cameras or he had some poor equipment as so much is blurry and out of frame and all. I know it's old film but there's a lot of old film around that is focused, not blurred and not silhouette style. Even at that it's historical and I'm so glad he was there and spent the time and money to record all this.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

    There has recently been several historical films posted on YouTube which should interest everyone with a fondness for the N&W and Virginian. These films are allegedly shot by none other than H. Reid. Many of the scenes will be recognized as having been shot at the same time and place as similar footage was filmed by August Thieme. There is also footage of other Virginia and North Carolina railroads as well as the Pennsylvania. Go to YouTube and search "H Reid Film Collection", I'm betting that you will not be disappointed! Best regards, -Ed Burnett, Lynchburg, Virginia  ________________________________________