V&T Roadbed

Tue Apr 28 15:18:11 EDT 2020

I failed to use my name to the below email.

Bud Jeffries

Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 4:07 PM
To: 'NW Mailing List' <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org>
Subject: RE: V&T Roadbed

The railroad said that capacity for the line was reached in 1887. Soon afterward work began to double track the line which involved a line relocation. This work was finished in 1890 and this was the first double track established that would eventually would extend from Norfolk to Columbus. This first double track segment was between Radford and Christiansburg.