K2 126 with doghouse

Tue Apr 28 20:00:10 EDT 2020

I'm glad to know Jim Gillum documented 125 and 126.  I haven't turned up a photo of 125 with a doghouse, but I have seen one.

--Rick Morrison
  Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 4:40 PM
  Subject: RE: K2 126 with doghouse

  Thanks, Rick, for sending this photo. I looked in my book and there is a photo of 126 at the Norfolk coaling tower in June 1953 and it has a barely visible doghouse. In another mailing list comment, it stated that Jim Gillum in a K-2 article wrote that only 125 and 126 had doghouses. Jim had a large photo collection and he like to tabulate what locomotives were equipped with what accessories. If Jim said that 125 and 126 were the only ones, that is a good source.

  Bud Jeffries