Ringing that Bell (was Re: Brakeman's doghouse)

Fri May 1 17:53:13 EDT 2020

I believe the engineer or fireman is ringing the bell. If I’m not mistaken they could be air actuated (see supply line on top of smoke box) or manually rung. Both the bell and clapper moved freely. I covet one of these located at a church near me in as-removed condition.

Very little to go on here but could this be about 1/3 mile east of Singer Curve eastbound? Beautiful light on the loco and engineer. A postcard shot that I’d never seen before. Thx for sharing Rick.

John Garner