Bye Bye To The Y

Wed May 20 15:22:09 EDT 2020

 I see someone else wondered about the lack of any visible campaign to raise funds to keep  2156 in Roanoke.  What happened that VMT seems to have given up without public try of some sort??  We can't contribute to something we know nothing about.

Dave Stephenson

 This EXTREMELY SUCKS!!! I had wanted to start a FUND ME to buy the Y6a for about 5 million to keep it in Roanoke and drag it to Spencer shops to see what could be done.  Perhaps the Va Transportation folks need to be replaced with competent folks???  Has it actually ben 5 years?  Seems like 3.

Couple of corrections....
It’s Bob Saxtan, not ‘Saxton’.
Also, they are driving rods, not robs.

Will Sadler

Trains magazine posted yesterday "After spending the past half-decade in Virginia, former Norfolk and Western Y6a steam locomotive No. 2156 will soon return home to St. Louis." The timetable for the dead-in-tow move back west is up in the air due to the pandemic. Efforts by the Va. Museum of Transporation to keep the engine in the place of her birth didn't pan out, so the engine will be moved to Shaffer's Crossing to be prepped to move.
https://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2020/05/19-nw-y6a-to-return-to-st-louis-after-five-years-in-virginia

Bruce, sad in Blacksburg

Mark Lindsey222. W. Meadowland LnSterling, VA 20164Y3a at earthlink.net703-421-1301(H)571-352-2939(C)