Fw: Wreck trains and the Big Hook

Sat Jun 27 19:16:11 EDT 2020

Thanks to Gene for sharing this MOW Big Hook site. I remember when I was a young boy it was always fun to play with my toy wrecker trucks. Then when I got a model train car with a big boom my imagination just went wild! I’m going to dedicate this “Big Hook” website to “Mr. Train Crane” my good friend Charlie L.! I bet most of you have that special crane lover to share this with. BTW, I did get a chance to fulfill my boyhood dream when I got to operate a P&H 20 Ton overhead crane on rails while I was working my way through college. That was fun. If I had been more thoughtful I should have gone to work for N&W’s Roanoke, Va. East End Shops. Well I was twenty years old and you know what the saying is about hindsight? LOL!
Stay safe and feel free to share with your friends!
Norris

Norris Deyerle

Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners

BRC, NRHS Info: www.blueridgenrhs.org<http://www.blueridgenrhs.org>

744 Chinook Place

Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908