Roanoke Yard

Thu Jul 2 18:45:28 EDT 2020

I got to see that the other day in the afternoon from Shenandoah Avenue. It's sad to see the piles of dirt and tracks piled up. Shaffers Crossing looked like a ghost town from the transfer table end. No engines at all when I took photos from a nearby parking lot. I know they laid off a lot of people. The whole are wasn't as well maintained looking as in past years. The next day, I was able to see that there's still some activity at the turntable end. There were trucks making deliveries. I couldn't see what's happening near 24th Street. I didn't have time to scout other areas to look from, mostly due to the lack of time and summer heat.

Phil Miller