Durham division

Fri Sep 25 12:41:49 EDT 2020

 Harry , thanks for your information.I have a map which shows the route through Durham where the line to Roxboro and Lynchburg operated. We have found the rails in several locations in Durham and trees have grown up through the tracks.Apparently the cost of removing these rails was more than their value.I understand Norfolk Southern still owns the right away. About 10 years ago a commuter line was considered for at least a portion of this right away but nothing has been approved.Yes ,I have researched the SAL line from Durham to Henderson. It was abandoned decades ago and the rails have been removed. An old depot still remains in Creedmoor.James Smith