Where ie this pic taken

Mon Sep 28 21:45:49 EDT 2020

John, I am designing a model railroad based on the Abingdon Branch between
West Jefferson and Damascus in the diesel era. Do you know what the track
arrangement was in West Jefferson or where I can find a map?

The Radford Division track chart I got from the Society's archives does not
show that detail, and none of the maps available from the Archives show it
either.  The Museum of Ashe County History does not have such a map. The
1968 USGS topo map shows  a spur line crossing 2nd Street at 4th Avenue, but
it does not continue into downtown West Jefferson.

I know there was a wye just north of the West Jefferson depot, but I assume
there were also spur tracks to serve the Phoenix (Thomasville) Chair Company
and other businesses in downtown West Jefferson.

Thanks for any help.

Paul Mandelkern
Winter Park, Florida