What is the Triangle Symbol on Hoppers

Mon Sep 28 20:10:12 EDT 2020

Thanks Mr. Powers. I don’t think dad every mentioned #33’s pilot running hot. You guys had a bigger job on your hands maintaining that locomotive than my ten-year-old self gave you credit for. I’m amazed it all worked.

For everyone else, the locomotive in question is still around and kicking here <https://www.ageofsteamroundhouse.org/lake-superior-ishpeming-2-8-0-no-33-2/>.

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio, US

Matt,

    Some looked like Dobie Pads (ask your Mom) and some like journal box size car wash hood scrubbers. I absconded with a pair of the Dobie type from a box car in a scrap yard and ended the constant hot box problem on the pilot truck of #33 when it was on the Hocking Valley Scenic.

    WJPowers