West Jefferson (Was Where is this pic taken)

Thu Oct 1 11:23:17 EDT 2020

John-

Thank you very much for the drawing of the track in West Jefferson. It is
very helpful.  I do have these questions:

 * Was the track embedded in 4th Avenue or was it alongside the street ?  If
it was alongside the street, on which side?

* During the 1955-1977 time period, was Parker Tie Company a hardware store
or a tie dealer ?  Was it served by the railroad ?

* Several photos of the Virginia Creeper show a hopper car as part of the
consist, and from my limited research it appears that there was a coal
dealer in West Jefferson. Do you know where it was located ?

* Was the depot on the west or east side (Jefferson Avenue side) of the
tracks ?  It is hard to tell from the photos I have seen.

* In your drawing the track stops at the depot. Did the track extend a short
distance past the depot to serve industries located there ?

Thanks

Paul Mandelkern
Winter Park, Florida