snow plow pilot?

Fri Oct 23 15:07:40 EDT 2020

Hi, Rick.
No, that's something that seems fairly common. The one I saw was a full plow in front of the pilot from top to bottom with a slight curl at the top. A regular snowplow affair. I've sent the photo to the group in an email just a while ago.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

  Roger, is this what you are talking about?  I have several photos of Y, K1 and Z class locos with this sheet metal built onto the front of the original pilot.  I have Hagerstown photos of 1143,1147 and 1155 in later years with simple footboard pilots.  Most of Western Maryland's steam fleet had "V" pilots for knocking fallen rocks off the track.   --Rick Morrison________________________________________