Suspected Rorer Dinkies

Sun Oct 25 16:29:47 EDT 2020

In a recent Ebay find, I picked up this interesting tidbit... two Porter
narrow gauge locomotives that match the era for local mining operations at
the Rorer Iron ore washers and mine. I'm estimating the actual dinkies on
the Rorer Iron Narrow Gauge Rail Road were in proper use until the 1920s.
This photo is dated from 1936, suggesting these two engines were documented
by a rail fan while awaiting the scrapper.

>From the back of this small photo print, there is an obvious misspelling of
"Rorer" and an even odder renaming of Salem "Oregon" to "Virginia."

While this is not the best provenance I'd like to see, it's headed in the
right direction. Can anyone shed light (one way or another) on this
interesting image?

Stephen Warren
Roanoke