Suspected Rorer Dinkies

Mon Oct 26 13:02:01 EDT 2020

Stephen

No expert on Rorer locomotives.  I have only seen one photo. That was
there no. 12.

The second locomotive in your photo looks a lot like No. 12.  You will
note that it has a round builders plate that is rather large.  The one I
have seen a photo also has a similar round builder plate that is large.
My guess both are built by Baldwin. The early Baldwins had a plate
similar to the two photos.

Next we need to get a Salem Expert in on this.  Some where in my memory
I recall the tannery in Salem had some similar tank locomotives.  If the
Salem experts have the same memory it could be the Rorer locomotive(s)
were sold to the tannery.

Could be.  If you have a construction number for the number 12 or date
built I will check it out in my list of locomotives built by Baldwin.

Jim Blackstock