Griffin Iron Mines, 7 Miles South of Roanoke, 1899

Tue Dec 22 10:13:23 EST 2020

John G.

Don't recall seeing any maps etc.  Not an expert on this little branch.
Perhaps the one that has the most knowledge is Don Corbin a retired N&W
man. He knows where the cuts and fills are still visible in the area.

I do know my niece that lived in Castle Rock near the pool used to
explore the mines , shafts etc with her friend when she was a young
girl.  No she did not tell her parents at the time.

Just plain Jim