John Lewis Obituary

Thu Jan 28 20:19:30 EST 2021

https://roanoke.com/news/local/roanokes-john-lewis-remembered-for-feeding-body-and-spirit-of-area-children/article_1421e704-619f-11eb-8c58-8398d366abd9.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1
John will be missed. His parents are friends of Peggy’s and mine. We met Peter and his wife at Roanoke Chapter, NRHS meetings and functions. His dad Peter is who started Apple Ridge Farm. I think that they have two cabooses that they converted into classrooms after to having them transported to Copper Hill, Va. near Floyd, Va. I also think that there was a TV show featuring Black Dog Salvage removing their interiors before converting them into classrooms. John was going to carry the torch into the future for the kids that attended Apple Ridge Farm. John’s death is such a sad and tremendous loss for the Lewis family and the children that attended the school.
May God bless the Lewis family during this heartbreaking time.
Norris and Peggy

Norris Deyerle
Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia’s Rail Heritage Region Partners
BRC,NRHS Info: www.blueridgenrhs.org
Personal Address: 744 Chinook Place
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908
Cell: 434-851-0151