Steam Doubleheaders

Sat Feb 6 23:58:15 EST 2021

Chuck
I have eaten at Clarksville Station several times over the years, although not in recent years. I highly recommend that anyone on this list who might be  heading down 501-S between Roxboro & Durham to stop there & enjoy a great meal. The inside decor is full of photos & memorabilia.  The Woodsdale station sits off to the side & is/was being used as an office or something, but  not for dining. Preservation of both buildings was impressive.
As a ‘local’, have your recently checked the condition of the ROW east of the Hyco/Mayo connections to the EOL just beyond the Roxboro city limits?
The last time I drove the roads paralleling the Durham line from Woodsdale through Roxboro, the ROW was not being maintained & the rails looked “unused”.
Thanks
Herb Edwards

Sent from my iPhone