End of N&W Passenger Service and the beginnings of Amtrak

Thu May 20 18:43:51 EDT 2021

Agreed!  The last couple of years of The Arrow have been brilliant!  This is a beautifully designed publication, with wonderful use of color and form to present all sorts of interesting information on the N&W and Virginian.  The high quality of the paper and the photos and text and maps is just about the best around!

There are a few railroad historical publications in print now that are outstanding - The Shoreliner put out by the New Haven Railroad Historical and Technical Association, The Keystone (PRRT&HS) both come to mind.  Also, on a smaller scale, the Newsliner from the Rutland Railroad Historical Society is a real gem.  I’m sure everyone has their favorites - some of which I’ve probably never seen.

I never cease to be amazed at the creativity of the folks who write the articles and the tireless workers who assemble, edit and lay out these magazines, dealing with the process of printing and mailing several issues a year.

The Arrow is a true delight!  Heartfelt thanks to everyone involved!

Brian Gilleran
Herndon, VA