VGN Barriger Images

Mon May 31 20:10:51 EDT 2021

Mr. Burnett. I build maps exclusively in Google Maps My Maps feature. My brother and I are building out multiple railroads in different quadrants of our state. These also can be exported as KMZ - and other maps can be imported the same way.

I suspect that that feature and whatever runs behind Google Earth have the same DNA, and may even be the same engine behind the scenes. That said, the reason Google Earth hasn’t stuck with me is the lack of the terrain feature - my favorite view in Google Maps and Google My Maps. This is a great tool when hunting right of ways.

Am I just missing the terrain feature in Google Earth?

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio, US