HQ Tower

Sun Sep 5 22:22:42 EDT 2021

Thanks, Jim.

Looking at your list, it occurs to me that HQ was the only (?) tower on
the Division to be replaced (early to late version before being closed).
I had some vague notion that Iaeger (late) was larger than shown in the
Archives image NW10281. Are your Iaeger photos of the same tower?

A vestige of the Flat Top tower are the automatic signals there at the yard.

Ruth and Coaldale were the control points on either end of the old
Elkhorn Tunnel. They were closed earlier and control consolidated at
Bluestone. By the time Bluestone closed, it had the main line west all
the way to Elkhorn (the station) at the east end of Powhatan Middle
Track where Eckman picked up.

Grant Carpenter