Ford Parts

Thu Sep 16 22:25:05 EDT 2021

We toured the Norfolk Ford plant at an NWHS convention.  The timing and
integration of parts from multiple sources--including Mexico--was quite
impressive.  "Just In Time" manufacturing was kind of a fad in assembly
facilities at that time, if I recall correctly.  Kept inventory of pieces
parts at a minimum.  Required reliable timely transport.  Worked
great...except when it didn't.

Frank Bongiovanni