NS Roanoke Derailment

Wed Nov 17 21:42:10 EST 2021

 Got this observation from a friend of mine.  Looked to me like a brake beam caught a rail.  Ken Borg  Inane comments below the video.  All cars until the derailing one passing normally; then at the frog the entire truck drops in, forcing out the rail. I would suspect excessive wheel wear—false flange, climbing at the frog.   That’s not a MW defect.   The comment about NS contracting out MW work needs more information. Given labor agreements I think that could only be done with certain major capital projects that involved new construction.  --Jerry