Caboose question

Fri Nov 26 20:08:05 EST 2021

Gordon,From that list I will assume that since the C32P cabs had type 208 (not 208a) trucks, these were the trucks with leaf springs.Then truck type "208a" were the trucks with coil springs.There was no change in the type of heaters, they being of the propane type.Interior lights did change from propane to electric. The lights were also on a timer so as not to run the batteries down if left on. To the best that I can remember, a reset button was installed just inside either back door.Batteries were charged from an axle driven apparatus.Jimmy LisleSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Date: 11/26/21  5:05 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Subject: Re: Caboose question
    James,

    You can't beat personal experience of someone like Jimmy Lisle,
      but for the more mundane info I am attaching a copy of a caboose
      sheet from the NS Equipment Guide dated January 1, 1984.  I have
      drawn red lines below the two rows of data for the two cabooses so
      you can compare them.  I hope you can read this copy!

    One apparent inconsistency that I noted was that the footnote
      references under "Remarks" for the C31 did not include (3) Stove.
      I wonder how they were heated without a stove.
    The archives has a bill of material for the C31P truck
      (Hol-00125.25) and an arrangement drawing (NW-E25068) of the C31P
      truck showing the leaf springs that Jimmy mentioned.  Possibly
      someone else knows of additional info on the trucks on these
      classes of caboose.
    Gordon Hamilton