Shaffers Crossing Transfer Table

Thu Jan 27 16:32:34 EST 2022

Thanks Mike,

I appreciate the complement. I think I wore out the internet searching satellite photos and other photos people have posted. Some aren’t even available anymore. I’m glad I at least printed out the ones I had.

We used to get to Roanoke regularly long ago, but since my in-laws passed years ago, we don’t get there much. We miss the area and the chance to get photos of all things trains.

I’ve been planning to get the transfer table done for a several years. I’m tired of looking at what appears to be a huge, empty swimming pool.  😊

I know I’ll have to be patient working on this, since I have to make sure all the track is perfectly parallel and the bridge wheels have to be in perfect gauge. I can’t wait to get the time to work on it. I’ll keep you posted on the progress.

Phil Miller