Builder Plate Conundrum - photo

Sun Feb 27 23:04:22 EST 2022

 No need for a dynamo between headlight and stack because the drawing shows an oil headlight. But by the time the 256 was done the headlight was electric (and smaller) so it was moved forward to leave room for a dynamo. Checking Dad's notes, he shows the builders  plate on 256 as follows: "DEC. 1890  No 47."  It is the only G he saw with the number out of correct series, but he didn't make and comment about it. He did manage to see a few F's, including the 169, but he did not record any information about its plate. He shows 165 as "NOV. 1887  No 4" and 174 as "MAY 1888  No. 52."
Jim Nichols