N&W Depots - Agent-Operator Responsibilities

Tue Mar 22 20:15:07 EDT 2022

Good evening:

I made a ZOOM presentation to the SONO Tower Museum yesterday evening about the functions performed by a N&W station agent-operator. Many of those duties were similar to those on other railroads, even if N&W depot images were used as backgrounds for the presentation slides. The SONO Tower is a former NYNH&H interlocking at South Norwalk, similar to the PRR HARRIS Tower at Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

The two-hour recording is about 150 megabytes so I am sending it along with the notes pages and PowerPoint presentation slides as a www.wetransfer.com download. The download link is < https://we.tl/t-aHd7Vfaxai >. These can be freely shared with anyone. The download link is valid for five days. It will only work with a laptop or desktop computer, not a handheld device such as a smartphone or a tablet.

Best wishes for Spring,

Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator
Railway Mail Service Library, Inc.
f_scheer at yahoo.com
(540) 837-9090 - daytime cell
In the 1913 former N&W Railway depot along Clarke County route 723
117 East Main Street
Boyce, VA 22620-9369