the Arrow Jan-Feb. 2022

Thu Mar 31 09:43:23 EDT 2022

Thanks Jimmy. Since his window was open, I figured it was a hot day and assumed if there was someone in the lead unit, they’d have their window open also!

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Sent from my mobile

Matt,
The man on the second unit was the head end brakeman as in day and age there would still have been a fireman occupying a seat in the lead locomotive.
One of the advantages of hood units with dual control stands is that you don't have to waste time turning a unit around in order to run the train as you would say "covered wagon" E or F type unit.

Jimmy Lisle