High Noon Shen. Div. Pt. 2 - Did you notice?

Wed Apr 6 10:04:25 EDT 2022

     I was just flipping back through the second installment of High
Noon on the Shenandoah Div. and noticed something through the smoke and
the haze that I hadn't before. In the photo that graces pages 14 - 15,
look just to the left of the top of the "Tell-Tell" pole to see the
Waynesboro Switcher's engine sitting in the spur track that parallels
Commerce St.. This spur was used to store the dining car at one time.
Then, standing on the platform, just in front of the bench seat, appears
to be the station agent that O.Winston Link made famous...Troy
Humphries. Note too, that this photo was taken before the concrete wall
was put in between the mainline and the yard and the steps going up the
bank. The "Six Foot" (pathway) between the bank and the mainline never
looked that "manicured" in all of my years on the line!

Jimmy Lisle