N&W "Hot Rail" - Operations Training Program Newsletter

Tue May 17 23:36:05 EDT 2022

 While sorting last week, I discovered a folder that I had not seen since the 1980s. I have scanned issues of the HOT RAIL from mid-1974 through early 1976 and compiled them into the attached .pdf file. I know that Reid McClure became Manager of Operating Rules and Roderick Wade retired from an IT position at Atlanta a few years ago. His brother Tony Wade was in the Coal Department and worked with Peter "Jim" Hunter. Jim Overholser is retired and living in Roanoke. If anyone knows how the others named in the newsletters did, I welcome those updates. I recall that Monty Plymale was the person who interviewed me at Knoxville.

These are low resolution but I scanned individual pages at 300 dpi in color. Individual pages are available; let me know the issue date and page and I will send it along.

Best wishes,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com