Re: RPO’s and REA cars on Bristol line

Thu May 19 10:36:33 EDT 2022

AFAIK all the passenger trains originating at Bristol had working TPO and
express cars.  This includes the Southern locals, the N&W local and the
Abingdon branch.
Seeing N&W 9 and 10  with an RPO and five or six express cars I always
wondered if those express cars had any load at all.
It doesn't seem likely that the'd be hauling empty equipment around . . .

$r alomy