Ed King Book - Update

Thu Jul 7 12:02:43 EDT 2022

Thanks to all who have pre-ordered Ed King's new book, *Memoirs of an
Appalachian Railroad Man*. I am happy to report that enough pre-orders have
been received to allow this project to go forward.  It is my understanding
that Ken Miller is working on the final layout in preparation for
submitting it to the printer.

For those of you who have not ordered, you might want to order now.  NWHS
has locked in the pre-order price for members.  This  price was set before
the full impact of COVID, supply chain issues, and inflation set upon us.
Like with other materials, there is a shortage of paper for printing
purposes.

All of these factors will lead to a substantial increase in the retail
price and member price for orders placed after publication.

Save yourself a few dollars and help NWHS continue to move this project
forward with your pre-order.

I will continue to donate $10.00 per pre-order of the book until it goes to
the printer.  You can order here:

https://www.nwhs.org/commissary/books-nwhs.html

Again, thanks to those who have pre-ordered; for those who haven't please
give strong consideration to doing so now.

Jim Brewer