Petersburg Convention

Wed Aug 24 10:33:47 EDT 2022

I just checked my commemorative coffee mug from the Williamson convention;
it was 1992, so Petersburg was 1993.

Also at Petersburg, was the first time NWHS had drinking glasses available
with logos on them; it also marked the release of the re-publication of the
Virginian pamphlet, *Coal on the Move.  *A funny story about the
re-publication of that pamphlet.  I had obtained a copy of it many years
prior to 1993; when NWHS first started to reprint N&W materials, I sent my
copy to our printer, Walsworth, for them to give us an estimate of costs.
Unknown to me, about a week later, it was returned by UPS and set by the
side door; my dog was outside at the time and chewed it up!  I didn't know
if Walsworth had made any copies (this is way before scanning) so I was
somewhat in a panic as to what to do.  Fortunately, Marty Swartz had a copy
of the pamphlet and graciously allowed it be used so we could complete this
project.

So sometimes, the dog really does eat your homework!

Jim Brewer