Incident with N&W 475

Sun Nov 6 21:38:28 EST 2022

Marty said "to whoever should have checked the switch before the engine went by (I assume that is someone's duty).”

On just about any railroad, that would be the crew of the train or engine moving over the switch, in this case, the engineer and fireman. Unless there’s a switchtender on duty, there is no one with the responsibility of checking switches other than the crew (and even then, the crew is still responsible for checking even if they’ve been told they’re lined up).

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com